RP Pirates of the Hard Nox 2

No ordinary missus would refer to the princess as ‘little Maeve’. Caleb knew he was accompanied by royalty, but this woman by his side… She wasn’t just royalty.

Her son, the sour faced prick, was the royal advisor. Her daughter, the one she believed to be missing, had been dead for years. Caleb remembered attending the funeral, even if he wasn’t allowed near the casket.

And to think… He contained a light chuckle, thinking of what Sinead’s response would have been had anyone accused her of ever being betrothed to the king. Caleb couldn’t imagine her ever wearing one of those frilly dresses.

“Won’t you be attending the wedding, Lady Realta?” Caleb asked, seeing his delusion turn into opportunity.

"Oh, of course. My daughter is going to be there. She wouldn't dare miss it. Appearances and all. She... wouldn't miss it." The lady sounded a bit like she was trying to convince herself, and paused at an intersection with a sigh.

"This way. At least my son made sure we had nice rooms. Not that he's ever in them, of course. Too busy for his mother, I suppose. Well. He's done well for himself. Better than I expected. Not as well as my Eilidh would have done, of course, but she's... oh, have you seen her? She's been absent."

Summer looked over Alys’ shoulder, at the empty cabin and the open window, large enough for a fully grown fairy to fly through.

“I guess he decided to go by himself.” She shrugged, not bringing up the possibility that he might’ve just chosen to end things his own way. Lucien would probably find it funny, but he’d be the only one.

“So… That solves things, doesn't it?

The answer was no. It seemed to be a consensus that had the captain chosen to kill those people by himself it would be a suicide mission and some, not all of the crew genuinely cared for his well being. That was why, a few minutes after the sun had set, Summer found herself silently walking through the woods in the back of the castle as a part of the small rescue team that had decided to stick to the original plan.

“We should go back!” Summer heard a male voice say, before hiding behind one of the trees. Beyond the voice, she could hear multiple steps over the fallen leaves, along with a girly laugh.

“Quit being a puss! The castle is packed, they won’t even notice we’re gone.” A second male voice said.

Summer peaked behind the tree and realized they were in luck. There were three men in uniform, two of them accompanied by girls in white dresses, with flowers adorning their hair. She guessed the one who requested to return was the one elf flying solo. Summer glanced at Alys, waiting for instructions on how to proceed.

Caleb didn’t know where they were, but it was safe to assume the royal advisor’s room would be near the rooms of other important people. While the woman spoke on and on about her daughter, Caleb found himself debating which room to go in first.

His contemplations stopped when they got to her room. He would accompany her to the door, say he’d go get her the orange paint and initiate his search, but something stopped him from leaving. The painting stopped him.

The amber wings were unfamiliar to him, but it was the only part of that person who was unfamiliar. Her eyes hadn’t been painted yet, but the lips, the nose, the hair… The pirate stood at the doorway, his jaw dropped and his heart tight, as if a hand had reached into his ribcage and squeezed it.

That was Sinead, undoubtedly. She was younger, more like she had been when they’d first met. She had no scars, less wrinkles or sun marks but… It was her.

Back