CS DDC: Witch Compendium

C.S

Name:

Zhang Li Chen
“Beautiful Archer” “Exhibit”

Magical Girl Alias:
Has changed it several times. “Tin Star,” “Marshal” and “Rustler” are the most widely known names.

Original Strand:
A

Personality:
She is quiet, but stubborn. Also somewhat arrogant and showy, when it comes to combat, though her abilities allow her to pull off a lot of trick-shots without compromising her capabilities.

Primary Power:
Called Shot.
Using her eye, she marks a target with a small patch of bright blue flame. This flame is, for the moment, harmless. If she strikes this target with the gun her transformation creates for her, in most cases the object the target was placed on is destroyed; it will, at the very least, be badly damaged. If she misses, the bullet has no effect.

Secondary Power:
Shot-Caller.
Can see a few seconds into the future at any given time. By focusing on a specific target, she can extend this precognition to almost a minute, but in the process she loses the ability to track the movements of other enemies or allies unless they’re directly involved with her target. At no point does she lose track of the present; she can continue to move and fight as normal.

Tertiary Skill:
Superb marksman. Also extremely quick and agile

Hyper Power:
Shot maker heartbreaker
Her hand effortlessly targets and shoots any object she points her magic eye at, no matter how far away it is or how quickly it’s moving. Her secondary is augmented by this effect as well, allowing her to lead shots or predict sudden changes without difficulty. While this affect is active, her eye also allows her to see through objects, and to identify weak-points in the armour of Grimm. This ability causes serious strain on her magic eye and renders it extremely sensitive to sunlight for days afterwards, which is why she keeps it covered most of the time.

Clutch Power:
Fieldsports
Marks several Grimm as with her primary; unlike her primary, the mark seems to emanate outwards, imbuing them with a strange blue light. The Grimm grow steadily stronger as they're infused with the glow, but when [blank] kills them, her ability to see into the future grows stronger and broader, the size of the marks she placed grows wider, and the strength of her gun grows stronger proportionally to the amount of time she waited.
For as long as she remains transformed, the negative effects of this power won’t catch up to her, but the longer she puts off transforming back, the worse they’ll be. When she transforms back, she’ll feel the urge to vomit; the substance is typically inky and black, flecked with bits of blue.

Appearance:
Appearance after Transformation
:

Name: Hotaru Bushida

(ホタル ブシダ)

Taru

Magical Girl Alias: Banshee

Original Strand: E

Height: 5’11”

Personality: In the public eye, Hotaru is depicted as being fearless and fierce, dedicated to protecting everyone she meets. She tends to jump head first into battle, regardless of the circumstances. She is often shown as being stubborn, disregarding orders to back down or pull back. Many people have told her that she has too much of a temper, as well as that she’s too smart for her own good. All things considered, it makes her particularly popular with boys, shy girls, and the rebellious crowds.

On a more personal level, Taru, as she prefers to be called, is constantly filled with wonder. Wonder for life, for her friends, for the world around her. She marvels at beautiful and complex things. Never one to care about numbers, the rating system is only relevant to her in the manner of which it allows her to better serve the world and protect others. A deep appreciation for the chance to use what she perceived as a curse to help undercuts everything she does, leaving her generally upbeat and able to encourage others to do their best. This is a complete turn around from when she first met her partner Kiyomi, and she frequently credits her with the change from the withdrawn person she used to be.

~5 Years Prior~

The rain fell steadily faster on the windowpane as the well wishers packed up, until soon only Hotaru and her father remained. The silence between them was heavy with unspoken words ready to burst as the hospital door swung slowly shut. Her father turned slightly, his back straightening as he prepared to launch into what Taru assumed was an angry tirade, but she beat him to it. In a soft, quiet voice, barely audible over the rain, she whispered to him, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt her.”

Quicker than lightning, Taru felt the sting of her father’s hand across her face and she went down, sprawling across the tile floor. The sting hadn’t yet faded when her father, in a tense and controlled voice, began. “It doesn’t matter what you meant to do, Hotaru. What happened, happened. There is no undoing this. Do you understand that? That you can’t go back and change it? All of this… is your fault.”

“Father, please! You know I would never hurt Mom on purpose, it was an accident, i was just so scar-”

“Control yourself, Hotaru.”

“-ed and i didn’t know what to do and I- i- I-”

A hand covered her mouth, stopping the small vibrations that had begun to fill the air. The equipment around them fell back into place, and Nathaniel checked the room to make sure nothing was broken before looking at her. Wide, forest colored eyes filled with tears, but her father had no sympathy or love; only a stern, simmering anger that he was desperately trying to repress. It had never been a secret that her father favored her brother, but Taru had never felt that gap in affection more than she did then.

“Control. Maybe, if we had taught you that from the start, none of this would have happened. You need to be taught how to control this. How do you expect to live any kind of life if every time you’re afraid, you hurt someone just be speaking?’

As he slowly lifted his hand from her mouth, images cycled through her brain like an old movie projector. The open front door, the insectoid Grimm, her mother running to her and pushing her back. Scared and confused, Taru had run to the end of the hall and cowered in the corner, watching her mother try to fend off the grimm with a baseball bat they kept in the umbrella stand. But her mother’s powers weren’t meant for this kind of thing, and she wasn’t winning, and the noise in her head was getting too loud to bear. It felt like her ears were bleeding.

A moment later she realized that the sound was no longer in her head, and that her ears were damp because they were actually bleeding. Photos on the wall were shattering and falling to the floor, and both her mother and the creature were sent flying through the air. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t stop screaming, and she soon passed out from lack of oxygen, hitting her head on the leg of the hallway table. She got seven stitches in her hairline. Her mother got a coma.

“How can I have any life? I’m a freak.” The two stared at each other in a silent standoff. With a sigh, her father broke first and looked away. He withdrew an official looking letter from his pocket, holding it out for Taru to read. New Kyoto Academy’s ensignia was visible on the letter, and her heart sunk as she flipped it open. 'We believe that it would be in both your and your daughter's best interest for her to be transferred immediately.' The edges of the letter crumpled as her fingers tightened. "That's it then? You're going to hand me off to some strangers and forget I exist?"

“WHAT OTHER CHOICE DO I HAVE?” The rage that had been simmering beneath the surface overflowed onto Taru, her father’s words stinging more than the slap she had received earlier. He threw his hands down, his breathing heavy as he continued. “I can’t raise you. I can’t help you, Hotaru. You… are too dangerous to be around Satoshi. What if you hurt him? He’s only five. I can’t… I can’t take care of both of you.”

That was it, then. From a very young age, she had known her father was afraid of her. While her mother’s powers could be used to help others, hers could only destroy. He had never wanted her around her younger brother, and if he had had his way, they would have been isolated from each other from the day they brought Satoshi home. Her mother had been her only ally in their divided home. She couldn’t protect Taru from a coma in the hospital.

She was alone.

“When do I leave?”

Primary Power:

~Shatter Speech~

Hotaru’s power requires no physical contact and does not rely on sight. Instead, it relies on physics. Since it’s activation, Tau has had the ability to create intense vibrations with nothing more than her vocal cords. Over time, she has learned to fine tune it so that the frequency matches whatever she’s fighting, thus leading to generally less damage to bystanders and buildings. When she first began, she had minimal to no control over this aspect of her power, and simply created a vibration with a high enough frequency to be considered a sonic force. She has been measured screaming as loud as 250 decibels and with a wide variety of frequencies, including 7hz.

The vibrations can travel through solid objects, though not far, so she tried to fight in close combat settings. Once they hit her opponent, the vibrations rack their body and cause all kinds of internal damage.It can do as little as balance issue and nose bleeds to major organ failure and other side effects. Veins and arteries rupture and cause internal bleeding, stressed organs cause vomiting, and if the wrong thing gets torn or breaks, it can cause paralysis. The variety of effects depend on the frequency at which she uses her powers.

Eventually, even her own body can’t handle the stress of sustained use. If early signs like lightheadedness and tiredness are ignored, she can end up tearing her vocal cords and blacking out as she collapses from exhaustion. The strain on her body used to cause heavy bruising and constant nosebleeds, but lately, she’s toughened up to it a bit more.

Secondary Power

~Balance Break~

By humming, she channels the vibrations into a well placed punch. This was especially useful early on in her career, when they had to fight in tight spaces or residential areas. It’s a great way to get around the inevitable backlash of her primary bouncing off reflective surfaces. She forces the vibrations off her own skin and onto the enemy’s which can cause critical balance issues and confusion.

Tertiary Skill

~Kickboxing~

Although her powers are intense, and can be absolute overkill, some opponents you don’t really want to injure. Therefore, she utilizes kickboxing in her day to day fights, allowing her to combine it with her secondary for practice and non mindless combatants. She equips a heavy pair of spiked brass knuckles to pack even more of a punch.

Hyper Power

~Vibration Tornado~

As she channels all of the positive energy around her into her skin and voice, Taru unleashes her Hyper under the mask of Banshee. Tapping into the ballet training from when she was 7, Taru spins in a tight pirouette. The vibrations rise off her in loops that quickly escalate into a sonic tornado. She directs it with a final spin and push from her Shatter Speech. It causes a short circuiting of the body upon impact- internal bleeding, rupturing, and paralysis.

It lasts for a short time, and dissolves pretty quickly after impact with the main target. It leaves her with just enough adrenaline in her system to finish off the opponent before she crashes, drained and vulnerable, her vocal cords stripped raw. It used to take weeks for her to recover, but seems to have settled on a week.

Clutch Power

~Shatterquake~

When you’re at the end, you use the biggest gun you have left. In Banshee’s case, that would be the Shatterquake. By channeling all of the negative energy in her vicinity, she supercharges her body’s natural vibrations and propels herself into the air. As she falls, she tightly winds the energy into a compact explosion that detonates upon whatever she hits. It got its name by the earthquake that occurred the very first time she used it, which fractured the road for half a mile. It’s an instant KO (usually) to the enemy at hand- but also to Taru herself.

It wreaks absolute havoc on her body. Not only from all of the fear, anger, and violent energy that she tunnels through herself, but the impact itself uses every bit of energy she possesses. It’s a feat in and of itself for her to remain conscious afterwards. She’s rendered basically useless for weeks after, putting her completely out of commission. .

Name: Leonora Midas

Magical Girl Alias: "Azraella"

Original Strand: D

Height: 5'6

Personality:

Leo is, to say the least, odd. As a first impression, her peculiar way of speaking and relative curtness with strangers is apt to stand out greatly. She has a habit of mixing tenses and cases, and if this was not discombobulating enough, the actual content of her speech ranges from mildly peculiar to borderline absurdist. She dislikes crowds, and will typically act much more reserved and terse in areas with large numbers of people, though this social anxiety does not seem to extend to online communication. There, she is much more open, even to the point of putting on "performances" for anyone willing to listen to her.

Morality, for Leo, is a touchy subject. Obsessed with the concept of impermanence and fatalism, things such as stealing and lying are inconsequential in her mind. To her, all things eventually come to pass, and if everyone else does not come to this conclusion, they are merely being daft. Life is there to be enjoyed as it is, without a care of "minor" inconveniences, rode along the track of time til the inevitable embrace of death. As such, when others become angered as a result of her actions, she expresses confusion and even frustration, because the fools are wasting time and energy getting hung up on something that could just as easily be ignored. Why scold her for stealing when the action was in the past, the crime already committed, the stolen item already lost? It isn't as if they'll ever get the item back, either devoured by the eternally peckish girl or stowed away in her magpie-like hoard. In fact, the only person who's remotely able to broaden Leo's obstinate perspective is her best friend Akane, though the interference has only truly improved Leo's ability to hide things from Aki's watchful, yet sometimes naive, eyes.

Though Leo herself is obsessed with death, and she is quick to lecture anyone on the relative meaningless of life as a short precursor, the idea of Akane becoming hurt or killed terrifies her. She is incredible at coping with most fears, smiling stoically in the face of any threat, but if something would put her best friend in danger she immediately goes into a state of panic. That's her worst and only fear, Aki being killed and Leo being powerless to stop it. To prevent this, she would go to any ends, even killing the innocent just to prevent her nightmare becoming a reality.

For all else, Leo is a very calm, though very scattered, individual. Her emotions come and go quickly, rising swift only to be released into the void of apathetic observance, lost in an almost meditative vigilance with which she sees the world. She is quite fond of watching nature, and will often spend hours at a time staring out of windows or laying down in fields, just allowing the world to run around her. It's cathartic for her, definitely, and when coupled with the fact that animals are immune to her touch (and even seem to be calmed by it at times), it makes the natural world a much more comforting place than civilization. In the city, she is scorned and avoided, but within the pleasant grass and trees, she is free to just live and let live. Unfortunately, this often impedes her schoolwork, as her handler has given up trying to enforce anything upon the stubborn, flighty girl. She studies when she wants to study and trains when she wants to train, much to the incessant irritation of her teachers.

Biography:

Age 10

“What the hell did you just do?!”

Edgar was torn from Leo, swept into the protective shell of her mother’s arms. The black mark of her palms was already fading, no more than heavy bruises now, but his high-pitched shrieks still rattled on relentlessly. It had been an accident. She didn’t even know what had happened! One moment, she was holding her cooing, bubbling little brother, the next he was screaming like a murder victim.

“I am… not…” Leo managed, words half broken by mind, half broken by terror. Her mother’s accusing glare was the only response. Edgar’s cries were starting to fade,more akin to faded whimpers, his rotund face a mess of blush and tears. A loud crashing down the stairs announced Leo’s father,who bounded around the corner in a furious tirade.

“I’m trying to fucking sleep, Eliza, can you keep the racket…” One glance at each in the room stilled his tongue, and when he spoke again, his voice was deathly quiet. “What happened here?”

Leo’s mother pointed a single shivering finger at her daughter.

“She… I don’t know what she did, David. She touched him, and hurt him, and now he has these… these marks…” She clutched her son closer to her bosom, muffling his pitiful noises. “I don’t know what she did. I don’t…”

David ran his fingers along the bridge of his nose, sighing.

“Get your coat, Liza. Let’s take him to the clinic. And you,” he rounded on Leo, “stay here and stay out of trouble. Do you understand me? I will deal with you later.”

Age 12

“I am home,” Leo called to the house, hanging her bookbag on a peg near the door. Leo’s mother looked up from the nearby recliner, her tired eyes framed by a mess of stressed wrinkles.

“Hello, dear,” she muttered, attention quickly returning to the television. Leo took a step closer, but stopped when her mother flinched. It was always this way. It was foolish to think anything else.

“I… got the perfect score! In test? Big test, was worried,” she said colloquially. She knew the attempt was pointless before she even opened her mouth, but she hoped, wished…

“That’s very nice, dear,” her mother replied. “There’s food in the fridge, if you want it.”

Leo nodded, her heart sinking. Ignoring the offer, she sulked out of the room, pulling herself wearily up the stairs. It just wasn’t fair. She pulled her gloves off when she reached the top, setting them on the desk just inside her bedroom door. Spinning, she fell back onto her bed, staring abjectly at the popcorn-textured ceiling.

-

Later that evening, it started again. She could hear the shouting through the air vent. Vague words, but she knew what they were.

“What do you mean, you have an appointment?” her mother shouted. “It’s your turn to watch her. You know it. You keep freaking doing this!”

Pause. Silence.

“Yeah, and the last time you had an appointment I found out you took Edgar to the park. Don’t… no, no, don’t you lie to me, you cheating ass. You signed that paper. It’s your turn. I want to spend time with my boy.”

Another pause.

“Boy’s room? BOY’S ROOM? The girl wouldn’t care if the room was shit brown! She just sits on her bed all day, reading, staring at walls, it’s like she’s dead!”

Pause. Heartbeat. She never liked hearing this.

“It isn’t contagious, you twat! Just change the sheets, or have her sleep on the floor!”

Pause. Breathless. Her face felt wet again.

“She’s your daughter, David.”

The clock on the wall was louder than she remembered.

“Alright. One more week. Fine. Fine. Yeah, I’ve been good too. Great. Bye.”

At least the dreams were peaceful.

Age 14

“It’s a wonderful school, dear. You’ll love it,” her mother said, peering down over horn rimmed sunglasses. Her stepfather stood behind her, a firm hand on her shoulder. He was smiling encouragingly.

“Just think, you’ll learn more about who you are! You’d be a powerful magical girl, Nora. You could save the world someday!” he said. He always spoke so cheerfully, so condescendingly, as if he thought he was talking to a monkey. She wasn’t an idiot, no matter how she sounded.

“No Nora,” she growled back. “Leo. Am Leo. Stop calling Nora.”

“It’s a great opportunity,” he continued, as if he didn’t hear her. “You’re gifted, Nora. You’re a very special girl. They even have places you can live at the school! You’ll love it.”

It wasn’t like she had any choice. Besides, it would be nice to get away. Nice to have time alone. She hadn’t been able to sit quietly in her room for more than an hour, not since they started living with Grant. He’d always knock on her door, yelling “don’t be a ghost, Nora!” and “get some sunlight, it’ll do you good!” Two months of that had destroyed any chances at solitude she could grab.

“Fine,” she replied. “I will be going.”

Primary Power:

Morosity.
Just as much a power as it is a curse. The first of Leo's abilities to manifest, Morosity is a passive and mostly uncontrollable skill that is activated through flesh-on-flesh contact. Through touch, it controls and magnifies any negative energy the victim may hold, running it in a cyclic empathetic loop between Leo's own body and that of her target. The negative energy manifests as a physiological and mental malady, quickly eating away at both flesh and sanity. A quick touch is enough to leave a victim in the hospital for a week with intense illness and paranoia, while prolonged contact will literally rot both the mind and body until it deteriorates into ash. For Grimm, it is even stronger, evaporating weaker breeds quickly, and searing many stronger varieties with sharp, excruciating pain. Other factors that influence the intensity of the effect are: Fortitude and constitution of the victim, restraint of Leo, personal magical ability, and general negativity present in Leo, the victim, and the atmosphere itself.

Secondary Power:

Ravenwing.
In a gust of musty air, two wings made of black feathers appear stemming from the top of Leonora’s back. They don’t appear to directly connect to her body itself, instead fading from form to shadow to nothing as they approach. Regardless, they are able to easily support her weight in flight, and can hold up to twice her weight before beginning to stress. Every flap of the wings draw a miniscule amount of power exponentially compounded by the amount they’re used to lift. Thus, she often relies more on glides than actual self-sufficient flight. When dismissed, or when Leonora loses control somehow, they disappear in a puff of feathers.

Tertiary Skill:

Sporadic study habits have lead Leo to possessing an eccentric collection of knowledge, which she retains with startling finesse. She is intelligent, despite her mental hurdles, and can easily learn new things if she is actually interested in them. She also tends to get along pretty well with animals, since she can touch them without killing them.

Hyper Power:

Unkindness.
Leo's body erupts into a flock of pitch-black ravens, Each bird possesses a fraction of her consciousness and power, and are able to function uniformly as a single organism. They still possess Morosity, though the effect is greatly diminished, potency divided amongst the individual birds. Additionally, their beaks and claws are sharper and more resilient than a typical raven, cutting through skin and muscle as easily as an obsidian knife. At her peak of power, she is able to manifest and control up to fifty birds, numbers decreasing in relation to her present fatigue and energy. The birds are easily killed, dissipating into feathers and mist after only a couple of hits, but their speed makes hitting them at all a difficult feat. Once activated, the ability slowly drains Leo's overall power, and extended battles will see ravens dying just from her inability to sustain them. At any moment, she is able to draw the flock together to reform her body and end the ability. She also reappears against her will if only one bird remains. Whatever method of ending the ability, Leo passes out from exertion once her body returns.

Clutch Power:

Renascence.
This power will only activate at Leo's death.

At the moment her heart stops beating, the last remnants of her ability draw in as much emotional ambiance as they can, holding her consciousness from fading. If she sustained any damage to her body, it is repaired, even up to reforming a new one if the previous was destroyed. Her transformation's dress turns white, and her abilities revert themselves.

New Primary: Vitality.
Instead of drawing on negative energy, Leo's primary now uses positive emotions in her empathetic link. Her touch heals with tremendous potential, bringing the wounded back from the brink of death and regenerating missing parts. Mentally, it soothes ill feelings and restores acuity, invigorating her charge with passionate zeal. This ability takes much more effort than normal, and while prolonged touch is needed for any major cures, it also might quickly fatigue her. She is now immune to any healing abilities (including her own), and cannot be motivated or impassioned by magical means.

New Secondary: Silvergust.
Leo's wings are now shimmering white, and can sustain up to five times her weight. They no longer drain energy to use.

New Hyper: Dule.
Instead of completely dissipating her body; a part of Leo must remain while her hyper is being used. She is able to manifest doves formed out of her own energy, each of which contains a part of her own consciousness. They possess a lesser version of her Vitality ability. The birds are easily destroyed, dispelled in a single hit.

New Clutch: None.
Renascence already used, Leo now possesses no clutch ability. Situations that would normally evoke a clutch response (life-threatening conditions, intense stress) will now bring about increased physiological strain from psychosomatic stress. If she dies again, she will not come back.

Appearance:

Leo is the individual on the right.

Appearance after Transformation:

Character Theme:

Name: Proserpine Demetra

Magical Girl Alias: Mamba

Original Strand: D

Height: 5'1

Biography/Personality:

My mother once described guilt as a hollow burn. Something that gnaws in the core of your gut, a parasite of emotion devouring happiness and spewing out fear into the gaping wound it left. All of these sensations, when taken apart, are things I can easily understand. Emptiness? Ache? Doubt? Fear? Emotions I have felt before, and surely will feel again. Yet this thing called guilt, this myriad of sensations, is an ache that has never graced my heart.

I was a monster of a child. I'm surprised my parents didn't drop me off in an orphanage as soon as I turned four, and astounded that they never locked me away like a rabid beast. You see, when I was young, I liked to hurt things. Something about the rush of power, total control, a power rush akin to godhood as I bent the universe to my will. It started off with little sins, dewinging flies and burning ants. Things many kids have done. Things that are minor concerns. But as I aged, my compulsion to control aged too, growing with every inch my mother marked on the family room doorway. I began to pinch our pets, and threw rocks at the backyard squirrels. It was fun to watch the pests run screeching, fur damp where my stone had scored a blow. I did little to hide my games, and nowadays I suspect my parents had known everything. They were just waiting. For a miracle to occur, for their darling daughter to play tea with dolls instead of pulling them limb from limb.

On my tenth birthday, they took me to a psychiatrist.

Doctor Kipling, the plaque on the desk had read. He insisted I call him John, and he called me Proserpine. He enjoyed formality, enjoyed straightforwardness. I had fun with John, solving puzzles and answering questions. What emotion is Timmy feeling? What does this shape look like? What do you do for fun? It was nice to have someone pay special interest in me. He made me feel mature, respected. I trusted him.

"I've been seeing your daughter for the last two months," he said one day to me and my parents, "and I'm afraid I have some bad news." I didn't care about the bad news. I just wanted to go back to the puzzles and questions.

Primary Power:

Plague Miasma.
Thousands of tiny flies swarm out of Proserpine's sleeves. They resemble gnats in most aspects, except they have syringe-like stingers as long as their bodies projecting from the thorax. They follow Proserpine's mental commands, flying where she tells them to fly, attacking what she wants them to attack, with no concern for their own safety. As long as their creator remains conscious, they are able to manifest in a consistent multitude, despite any damage the swarm takes. Eyesight limits their range, with the distance between impacting their effectiveness at following instructions.

Secondary Power:

Rancorous Impunity.
Proserpine is immune to most chemical toxins. Her body maintains a self-imposed stasis, rejecting foreign agents that enter inside it, allowing for the safe passage of anything bioeffective. This includes live pathogens, like bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms. Caustic agents, like strong acids or bases, and anything else that can harm her without it needing to enter her system, will damage her despite this power.

Tertiary Skill:

Proserpine is an avid student of biology and biochemistry, and can create concoctions that elicit a variety of effects. She wears a belt with ten vials around her waist for carrying her poisons. Her flies are able to ingest these elixirs and inject them into targets. A basic Grimm or human requires a third of a vial's worth to have the intended effect. For everything past, it varies by the target's fortitude, resistances, and energy.

Paralytic - In a proper dose, this prevents the victim from moving due to intense muscle spasms. It lasts for an hour. Lower doses can provoke aches and tremors for up to a half hour.

Soporific - A full dose of this will cause the victim to fall into a deep slumber, lasting around eight to nine hours. Lower doses cause sluggishness and minor cognitive impairment, as if drunk.

Nauseant - This elixir brings about vomiting, dizziness, and a loss of balance in the victim, akin to an episode of motion sickness. A full dose can last for two to three hours.

Neurotoxin - A weak poison that stimulates the nervous system, causing a strong burning sensation under the victim's skin. This is the most dangerous drug in Proserpine's arsenal, easily overdosed and able to cause fatal seizures.

Euphoric - A light inhibitor that exponentially increases the amount of serotonin and dopamine in the victim, invoking a feeling of pleasure and happiness.

Stimulant - A strong methylxanthine class stimulant that increases the heart rate and epinephrine development in the victim. This can cause many different sensations, depending on the emotional context.

Hyper Power:

Cropduster.
Proserpine's insects gorge themselves on her poisons, filling their bodies to the point of near bursting. They then fly above a targeted area, spraying the vile concoction on the victims below in a fine, aerosolized mist. The exact effect of this deadly deluge is entirely dependent on the prior components, but it can range between a myriad of effects of the combined toxins to outright inducing cardiac arrest in the poor fools that breathe it in.

Clutch Power:

Feast of the Damned.
Let those who are judged find solace in their demise. Proserpine calls her insects into a massive swarm, setting them on some target that is threatening her to the point of fear. They burrow into the victim's skin with their massive mandibles, sinuous bodies easily forcing their way through rent skin, where they set upon devouring their prey from the inside out. During this, they are able to use their stingers to whatever capacity they have available, if she so wishes to incapacitate the victim as they consume them alive.

Appearance:

For the features and stature.

For the outfit.

Theme:

C.S

Name:

Hanta Monstua
Magical Girl Alias:
Vladia
Original Strand:
D

Personality:
She could give Jekyll and Hyde chills.

Hanta speaks in an often jarring, broken manner. Sentences short and clipped, almost mechanical in a way with very little innate emotion expressed through tone. She is typically quiet, with a harsh intensity of presence. That said, she's also the sort of person who sometimes loses themselves, have their mind slip somewhere far away while her body remains, sometimes aimlessly moving, sometimes motionless her gaze latched onto some distant object.

In combat, or when stressed, Hanta is far different. The normally stoic girl becomes oddly emotive, her typically mechanical speech patterns loosen and smooth out. More often than not, an extremely broad toothy grin claims her lips, as her tone takes an upbeat turn. And, whatever inhibitions she might have been harboring slide away. She will relentlessly pursue whatever has placed her in this stated, with an almost madman’s focus.

It's best for one's health to not be between Hanta and her target while she is in this state.

Biography:
They said to write. About the Grimm. I don't know why they are making a fuss. I did what they do on TV. I killed it. I wanted to kill it. Then I had an axe. The axe made me feel warm. So I swung it.

I only used the kitchen knife because I fumbled the axe.

I only kept cutting because it kept moving.

(Above writing excerpt taken from seven year old Hanta Monstua following the North Belvue incident. It is record that the girl had all but flayed the Grimm by the time police arrived on the scene of the attack. The girl’s arm was broken in three places, but she showed no discomfort while she was being taken to the hospital. I recommend her being admitted immediately into the New Kyoto Academy. And, once her powers have developed further, have her file passed along to the DDC.

It would be for the best if this story is given to the media in a limited fashion, and the patient not be interviewed.

-Doctor Hida)

Primary Power:
Woodsmen’s Lucky Axe
When Hanta transforms she gains a scarred axe with a long handle and a wicked looking head. The axe can slice through most substances with ease. The axe boosts Hanta’s strength and speed, as well as grants her a high tolerance to pain.

Secondary Power:
Hunter’s Sight
While in use, Hanta can detect the residual heat left behind by the passage of living creatures. If she is on your trail, she's a hard follower to lose. And she'll keep coming until she finds you.

Tertiary Skill:
Hanta has a talent for calming animals, no matter how frantic.

Hyper Power:
Demon’s Touch

From the floor, from the ceilings, from the lamps, from the walls hands crawl. They reach and they grasp, a hundred grasping hands and a thousand flittering digits each aiming to grab a hold and to never let go. And perhaps if they get a good grasp, they can drag you far far away, into the abyss.

Or perhaps they will simply hold you still so that woman with an axe in her hand and a smile on her lips can make her way over. As fast as she would like.

Clutch Power:
Forest of Spikes
In a space around her, either random or in locations of her choosing a great forest of viciously pointed spikes burst from the ground. If her target is lucky, it will be simply skewered and die quick, or if unlucky they will be struck and not killed, or be missed completely and find themselves trapped within a forest of points and polls as Hanta hunts them down.

Appearance:
Restrained

Unrestrained

C.S

Name:

Hanta Monstua

Magical Girl Alias:

Original Strand
:
The Space Between Places

Personality:
She can be hard to read at times, depending on her mood she could be anything from distant and stiff to warm and very attached. The better she knows someone the more likely she is to cut loose around them and let her true personality out.

Biography:
Hello,
I know this is out of the blue, but I’m looking to start a band and you were the first person who came to mind. It’s a big ask, I know. However, I think it will be fun, and all I need is a singer. We can figure out the rest later, but there are always jobs we can do. Plenty of people in the city, who need help.

Be seeing you soon,
Hanta Monstua

Her early life can be hard to track, born in the outer fringes of this crumpled napkin we call causality, Hanta appears in snippets of headlines.

“Lone girl fends off Grimm attack”

“School trip tragedy adverted”

“Local garage band wins contest”

She came to the city sometime after graduation from her local academy and soon enough carved out a niche for herself in the bustle of the city. If she’s set to become a legend or just another name that fizzles away remains to be seen.

Primary Power:
Rocker’s Trusty Ax
On the activation of her powers Hanta calls forth a bladed guitar which can cut through most substances with ease. The guitar boosts her natural strength and speed, as well as her tolerance for pain. When she plays the guitar these boosts are temporarily increased based on the type of tune she starts to play.

Secondary Power:
Metal Echos
When Hanta strums her guitar she can pinpoint the location of a target she is focusing on. She can also gain knowledge of anything around her through the vibrations of her music.

Tertiary Skill:
The girl can play a mean riff, she also has a lucrative modeling career. Strange skill sets draw in strange people.

Hyper Power:
Putting on a Riot
Hanta begins to play a vicious rhythm, summoning forth a multitude of spirits crawling up through the earth to answer her guitar’s call. These ghosts will kick off a riot of a mosh of flying elbows, trampling feet, and grasping hands to pull any threat to their mistress into the underworld. Plug her guitar into an amp and she can really get a party started.

Clutch Power:
Punk’s Bracelet
Hanta slams her guitar into the ground, cracking the earth around her in a wide circle. Thick metal spikes spring from these cracks, impaling anyone or anything unfortunate enough to be close and objects of Hanta’s ire.

Appearance:

C.S

Name:

Kris Noel

Magical Girl Alias:
Silver Belle

Original Strand:
All

Personality:
Biography:

Primary:
As Kris swings her bell with more vigor and speed it will strengthen the light produced by her lantern, which increases the strength and the distance of both of her Primary and Secondary spells. Grimm within the reach of the light from her lantern will turn against their fellow Grimm while their bodies are slowly broken down by positive emotions. Humans feel euphoric the closer they are to her while she is swinging her staff. Once Grimm leave the area of effect their bodies will continue to degrade, but they will once more attack humans as well as their fellow Grimm.

Secondary:
Swings the bell which draws in the attention of all nearby Grimm. Music will then play to the rhythm of her swings and lights will flash in synch to the music. This will mesmerize nearby Grimm and will fight for her. Grimm under her control will have their yellow eyes turn white and they will slowly burn out over time. Nearby humans will be filled with Holiday cheer, and serious wounds will heal. She is able to cross large distances with a single step as well as fit into spaces she normally shouldn’t be able to fit into. If a Grimm is enthralled by an entire song they will remain loyal to Kris, if by half a song their bodies will continue to degrade and they will attack both humans a other Grimm.

If she is ever killed she will respawn in a flurry of snow on a well-lit but clean city street.

Tertiary Skill:
Kris is also Santa.

Hyper Power:
All Grimm enthralled by Kris start to light up in time with the swinging of her lantern. The light will continuously grow brighter and brighter until the Grimm's body is completely burned away by the inner light. This light will then seek out any nearby Grimm and pass through them, greatly damaging the creature before rejoining Kris’s lantern, strengthening its effect.

Clutch Power:
Kris plants her lantern into the ground and all sound from wherever the light reaches is absorbed. The movement of all non-human creatures or objects is frozen while it is in within this zone of silence. The movement of all witches is uneffected while within this zone, while regular humans find it more difficult to move, however all except for Kris or Nikki are filled with a complete sense of awe while the spell is in effect. During the duration of this attack, Kris can draw the light directly from her lantern and use it as a weapon against frozen Grimm.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Nikki Kringle

Magical Girl Alias:
Lady in Red

Original Strand:
All

Personality:
Nikki is a jolly young witch. She's quick it a smile, a kind word or act, and always willing to chip in and donate her time if that's what is required. She looks towards the good in people, and tries to get along with even the most abrasive of personalities. She tends to be very familiar with everyone, treating them warmly like close friends even if they had only just met.

Nikki also has a sour side. For those who commit wicked deeds, Nikki often has little room for forgiveness, depending on the severity of the crime. To the bad boys and girls she gives coal, and for the truly irredeemable, a space in her sack.

Biography:

Primary Power:
The sack Nikki carries passively collects all positive energy from the area around her. Using that positive every the sack can create any object Nikki desires and that object will hold a positive charge, similarly any object placed within the sack will also gain a positive charge so long as it is removed quickly enough. The created object is permanent, and will act how one would expect it to act when used. Further, energy can be pulled from any object which is placed within her sack until that object has completely broken apart. Anything created by the sack will not be automaticity drained of energy unless Nikki chooses to break it apart. Further if Nikki places an object inside of her sack herself she can decide if the item will have the energy drained from it or not.

The outside of the sack always has a positive charge, and makes for an excellent bludgeon.

Secondary Power:
Nikki’s sack of gifts has infinite volume, if one enters it is very easy to get lost. Nikki is able to cross great distances in extraordinarily short periods of time, seeming from the outside to take a single step forward to end the step on the other side of the block. Further she can fit into spaces that seem far too small to accommodate her. Nikki is ageless, and her wounds tend to heal extraordinarily fast.

Tertiary Skill:
Nikki is Santa.

Hyper Power:
At any given time Nikki can force a maximum of seven Grimm to be her reindeer and pull her sleigh. Or, well, if need be fight for her if that really seems like it's required or something.

Any Grimm under her influence wears a pair of reindeer antlers on a headband on whatever passes for a head for that Grimm. One of the seven Grimm has their eyes change from gold to a glowing red, bright enough to guide her sleigh through any fog of the night.

These seven Grimm will remain with her until their bodies break down from the constant flow of positive energy, or they are killed in combat.

Clutch Power:
In a moment of desperation Nikki can turn her sack into a vacuum cleaner of sorts which will draw anything which isn't nailed down by industrial bolts into the sack. Be they human, Grimm, a mailbox, that car with its parking brake not thrown, all into the sack they go. Once inside of the sack the objects are dissolved down into energy. However, this process often creates coal which must be shook out under the tree of a naughty child lest her sack get dirty.

Nikki always shakes the humans out before they get dissolved into joy.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Nikola Brandi

Magical Girl Alias:
Lady of Crimson

Original Strand:
All

Personality:
Nikola is a nightmare.
If she shows up to your party it is going to be the best party of your life and you are going to end up sacknapped and you will be missing for about a month, but it will be a fucking great party. Also you will be hungover for about three weeks. Anyway, if you see her at a party, run for your life.

Biography:

Primary Power:
Using sleight of hand Santa tomfoolery Nikola is able to pull a wide variety of Christmas themed items out of the air. She can use these objects to pull Grimm, other items, or even humans inside and then draw power from whatever she has trapped inside. Anything trapped within an object will receive a steady supply of alcohol that will leave them in a perpetual state of intoxication, so long as they are able to get drunk.

Further, simply standing near Brandi leaves one feeling more intoxicated the longer or closer they are to her, and any liquids gradually turn into alcohol.

Secondary Power:
Draws power from levels of intoxication in the environment, which she can use to resist the actions of others or empower the objects she creates with additional effects. Can also empower intoxicated individuals. Brandi can move large distances with a single step and fit into tight spaces that should be too small to accommodate her.

If she is ever killed Nikola will respawn wherever the largest collection of alcohol in the world is.

Tertiary Skill:
Brandi is very good at making mixed drinks, she is a top tier bartender, other than the whole drinking her own supply thing. Or the giving drinks away for free thing.

Hyper Power:
Life of the Party
Nikola opens a pathway into her personal pseudo-demense, a land of wild parties and rambunctious fun. Any alcohol your heart desires, any sort of fun or game, Santa can provide! And the more fun you have here, the stronger Nikola gets out there. The longer people spend time partying in this place, the more they can gain access to a limited version of Nikola’s powerset, which will remain with them so long as they happen to be drunk.

Clutch Power:
On activation of her clutch power Nikola creates a multitude of ornaments that she can pluck out of the air. Each of these carry a measure of alcohol that has far more volume than the size of the ornament should allow. When thrown these will pop like Christmas fueled grenades, coating surfaces in alcohol and releasing a fine mist of alcohol spray in the air. Any enemy who breathes in the mist will be immediately intoxicated, and any who touch the liquid will be sickened.

Appearance:
:

Name: Isabelle Fallaci

Magical Girl Alias: Cassandra

Original Strand: A (future)

Age: 23 at the end of her original timeline, but has experienced anywhere from 23 to 1,436 years, depending on which Cass you're talking to.

Height: 5'9

Personality:

Cass' personality entirely depends on how old of a Cass you're talking to. Before she was untied, Cass was a warm, cheerful individual, almost motherly in a way, who enjoyed helping others in any way she could. She rarely passed by a chance to smile, and prided herself on her ability to make others do so, too. However, as years wore on and countless strands went to ruin before her eyes, a pervasive disillusionment settled into the woman. Instead of aiding in any way she could, she withdrew into herself, surrounding the few hints she gave in cryptic, vague riddles. She became harder, skin thickened by the decades of destruction she was forced to witness, and forced her perspective to focus on doing what was best for the macroverse over any individual strand. Centuries of constant shifting between mirror strands have taken a massive toll, leaving the oldest of Casses bitter, cruel, and condescending. Still, she retains her sanity as best she can, aided by the memories and emotions of earlier versions left before.

Biography:

The new sun rose, and with it all turned ash. In place of light was a hollow shadow, a pit of bleakness rent where once lay fire, and from that skybound maw spewed legions of black shadow. Gone was the era of man. Gone was the hope that night would not last. For in the coming of the end, the morning was torn from horizon, and in its place came only sordid dusk.

The earth quaked. The air stilled. All seemed to wait, ardently expecting without knowing what might be, cautiously observing that which had never before been seen. An orb of black devoured the distant sky. After long silence, a brazen siren pierced the thickened veil, loud enough to shiver all it touched. This was it. This was what had long been feared to come, what all had hoped would never come.

“The Grimm!”

The shouts were enough to break the spell, and people began to move. Calmly at first, orderly, but confusion wrought panic and panic hysteria. Soon the crowds were swarming through the streets, screaming masses of terrified civilians futilely trying to flee. The highways packed with cars, but soon those too were abandoned in favor of faster feet. New Kyoto, so prepared for anything, had devolved to seething chaos.

Above it all, at the front of what lay imminent, stood the brave defenders of the city, soldiers waiting for the end, witches ready for the beginning.

“We don’t know what the hell this thing is, but it’s spitting out more Grimm than I’ve seen in my entire life,” a uniformed man barked, bars of rank glimmering on his chest. “We’re working with the DDC, have units of witches and soldiers in tandem to try and set a flank. If this doesn’t work, we’ve got a nuclear contingency, but that’s an ultimate last resort.”

He paused to wipe sweat from his brow, struggling to keep the worry from his line-washed face.

“On my word, to the ATVs! Ready, set, move, move, move!”

Soldiers and witches alike swarmed to the armored carriers, knee to knee on rickety seats made of cheap wood. In the far distance, the first cracks of artillery descended, shuddering the ground with every fiery blast.

“Do you think this is it?” Cass asked. Tobi grabbed her hand, giving it a consoling squeeze.

“I think we’re going to do just fine,” the large girl replied, though her eyes belied the truth her words concealed. Despite the persistent serenity their pale blue often held, Cass could see nervousness behind them, maybe even fear. Tobi was never afraid.

“Well, I’ll just have to keep you from killing yourself, like always,” the tan girl said with a wry chuckle, a laugh that Tobi dryly returned.

“I think I’m the one that keeps you alive, missy,” she muttered in a weak attempt at cordial disdain. Humor wasn’t present now, and any shows of it merely tactics to delay the rising panic.

Something heavy struck the side of the vehicle, rocking it to one side. The machine ground to a halt as the wheels spun for traction, steel beast spinning wildly, until it finally crashed into a solid mass. Cass reeled, her head spinning, but was pulled along by Tobi as she escaped from the ATV.

“We need to move!” the girl cried, double-sided battle axe appearing in her hands. The ends crackled with an amber light as she hefted the massive polearm, spinning it to intercept the hordes that were suddenly all around them. “Which way?!”

Cass was still stunned, but she forced herself to close her eyes, mind spinning along the paths her partner and she could take. Left, killed by a massive Lord. Right, hit by a shell. Forward…

“We move forward!” she shouted back, her eyes flying open. Tobi grabbed her wrist again, nearly yanking her off her feet as she was dragged into the fray.

A vulpine Grimm with razor teeth would have pounced on her partner, killing her. With a blink, the creature was slain before it reached them, though the soldier that ended it was tackled down by yet another. He wouldn’t have died if she had let it through.

Protect Tobi.

If a Lord was to turn at the right time, he would spot them, would vaporize them where they stood. Instead, his gaze was caught by a whirring helicopter, which collapsed in an onyx blaze mere seconds later.

Protect Tobi.

Another witch was firing off bolts of smouldering rock. One might strike them in the back, downing both to be consumed by the conflict. Before this might have happened, she was hit with a stray bullet, and fell screaming from her perch high above.

Protect Tobi.

“We’re almost to… whatever the heck that thing is!” Tobi called, her axe (though now in only one hand) still spinning with a deadly whir. Whatever it struck was flung back, the wounds flaring up in a phosphoric gleam as they dissolved around the gash. The black orb hung overhead, somehow touching the horizon yet also floating high above the sky. Colors seemed to bend around it, and near the very edge rested a ring of brilliant light. Cass closed her eyes again, and opened them with a gasp.

“It’s a gate! The… thing that caused all this is in there!” she said. Tobi nodded.

“In that case, hang on. We’re ending this!” Before Cass could say a warning, the girl had dragged her through the shimmering surface, body swept in a blur of fog and cold and hot and nothing and something yet again, breaking forth in a cavernous hall that seemed both real and not. At the front of the hall stood a young woman.

“That’s…” Tobi said, and Cass merely watched in rigid assent. Tobi grunted, hefting her dual axe in both hands, and rushed at the stranger.

The girl turned, and Tobi disappeared in a crimson mist.

“No!” yelled Cass, squinting her eyes shut.

Fog, cold, hot, nothing, then something yet again. The portal broke forth into a cavernous hall that seemed both real and not. At the front of the hall stood a young woman. This time, she was facing them, a frown on her melancholic face. Her eyes, though grey, were cracked with glowing yellow.

“That’s…” Tobi said. Cass reached out a hand, but her partner was already charging, glowing axe swinging into arcs of brilliance.

“Be careful!” Cass cried, desperately scanning the threads which branched out from this point. Death. Death. Death. Death. She tried to bend chance anyway, but as much as she strained it refused to budge. She could only watch as the somber girl raised her hand, and Tobi again erupted.

Cass squinted her eyes shut.

Fog, cold, hot, nothing, something. The hall, the portal, all the same. Now the girl was closer, her hand still outstretched. Cass panted from the effort, her body beginning to shake under her own weight.

“That’s…” Tobi said. Cass’ hand shot out, spinning her friend around to face her.

“You’re going to fucking die!” she shouted. Tobi’s eyebrows raised. The girl behind her raised her hand once more, and wet, warm vapor was all Cass held.

She could feel the tainted energy coursing into her, could sense what she could normally not. Knots around her, drifting to the girl. Thousands of knots. She could never untie them all.

“Why do you keep wasting your time?”

Fog, cold, hot, nothing, something. Hall. Portal. Girl. Hand raised. Mist.

“This has gone on long enough.”

Fog, cold, hot, nothing, something, hall, portal, hand, mist.

“Begone.”

She was gone.

Primary Power:

Walking the Strand.
Before she was detached from causality, this power allowed Cass to project her consciousness forward in time, scoping out outcomes certain actions would bring about. This was an imperfect ability, as the knowledge of future outcomes often affect what will actually occur. Following detachment, this ability now works against Cass, shifting her consciousness across branches of possibility uncontrollably. Generally, she is able to exist in a certain temporal state for a day or so, before an errant choice will send her travelling back along another path. She is unable to die in this state, recursing to a previous focal point at the moment directly beforehand.

Secondary Power:

All Pips Up.
Using her knowledge of future outcomes, Cass is able to magically coerce a certain possibility to occur. This directly influences chance on split timelines, and can circumvent the necessity for certain minor triggers, as long as the absence of said triggers doesn't completely remove the possibility. For example, if a certain outcome requires it to rain one day, but the rain is not directly necessary for the outcome to occur, Cass is able to push possibility in favor of that outcome even if it doesn't rain.

Tertiary Skill:

She possesses an intuitive understanding of temporal mechanics and causality, and is a skilled gambler, even without use of her powers.

Hyper Power:

Backstep Loop.
Generally, Cass' abilities only allow her to project forward in time. By expending a tremendous amount of energy, she is able to thrust herself backwards ten seconds or less, using a major event as an anchor. Through this, she is able to directly experience what is instead of what will be, make what was what is again, and rewrite what will be based on what she experienced before. This differs from Walking the Strand as her projection is only experiencing possibilities, and any catastrophes seen when projecting are avoidable. By Backstep Looping, Cass is able to avoid things that have already occurred.

Clutch Power:

Switchknot.
Through harnessing immense negativity, Cass can untie a target from the present strand, knotting it to another outcome. The further back the focal point for the two outcomes is, and the more of an influence/impact the target has on the present timeline, the more effort it takes. This effectively undoes the target's actions back to the focal point, asserting them in the other timeline. To all others, it is as if the target ceased to exist following the focal point. If the target caused a certain possibility to unfold, this possibility is undone as well, and the present timeline is replayed without the target existing in it from the focal point. Cass, and anyone Cass is in contact with, retain only memories of the old outcome, and must learn any changes that the nonexistence of the target has effected.

Appearance:

Theme:

C.S [WIP]

Name:
Hibiki Oshiro

Magical Girl Alias:
Baroness; Idol

Original Strand:
A

Personality:
Hibiki is the sort who has always makes an impression. She is polarizing, you either adore her or despise her, but it is without a doubt that it is her overbearing personality which contributed greatly to her rise through the ranks. She has a strong force of will, a powerful charisma that often makes her the center of any room she happens to be in. Hibiki has always been one with a smile splitting her lips, one with a helpful word and encouraging pat on the shoulder.

However, Hibiki has a bad habit of overestimating her own abilities, and further she holds a certain air of arrogance. Her personality which makes her stick out in the mind so well also makes her rigid, unwilling to back down even when she knows she had made a mistake or was in the wrong. And, as much as she enjoys helping others, she also has a tendency to ascribe to the ideology of the “lord helps those who help themselves.” Likewise, she tends to see the world as “us versus them” be it humans versus the Grimm, or human against human.

Biography:

Primary Power:
Baroness generates a massive wave of sound which disrupts the atomic structure of Grimm, disintegrating lesser entities as they come into contact with the sound wave, and greatly weakening stronger ones over a series of blasts. Stronger Grimm will eventually succumb to the damage if they do not escape quickly enough.

Secondary Power:
“Music Soothes”
With this song Baroness can harmonize with the atomic structure of one or more surrounding Grimm. From there, she can adjust the Grimm’s physical structure, change it from a golden-eyed Grimm to a silver-eyed one. The Grimm will then fight alongside Baroness until she ends the song, the Grimm is killed, or until the Grimm burns out from the influx of positive emotion.

Tertiary Skill:
Hibiki is at heart a master performer, her performances are always first class, be they products of months of tireless timing and choreography with masters of the craft, or a flash performance in the middle of the street that she had decided on only a minute ago.

Hyper Power:
Baroness begins a song which damages all surrounding Grimm, and instills a feeling of purpose and joy within all who listen to it. Any human listening to the song will feel compelled to add their voice to it, and with each voice added the strength of the Hyper will grow, compelling others to join into the harmony as any hapless Grimm too close to the song to escape are unraveled.

Clutch Power:

Much like the hyper, Baroness’s clutch begins with a song. A powerful and compelling melody which entices all who hear to join in, let their darkest thoughts escape them through words and song. The song reaches far from Baroness, but it is inconsistent and wavering, as destructive to any Grimm as it is dangerous to the humans. The closer to the episcenter the worse the negative feedback from the song, and the more likely it is that a regular person could be harmed or even killed by the churning melody.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Imai Maria

Magical Girl Alias:
Red Witch

Original Strand:
A

Personality:
Biography:
She is married to Strawberry Spring.

Primary Power:
Can warp the laws of reality to conform to her expectations (or the expectations of her audience), using only expectations connected to positive emotions. This means that her abilities are frequently less-than-lethal, but still highly effective at protecting herself and her allies. She uses her abilities to manage expectations by drawing from pop culture, using cartoons as her primary reservoir.

With these expectation she can overwrite the objects in her immediate vicinity, granting some a more cartoony appearance or changing their base density and weight to allow for hijinks seen only in a cartoon. This pencil? Light as a feather until you drop it on the head of a Grimm, then it makes a perfect hole on its way down.

The sophistication of the trick depends on her level of popularity, when she was just starting out she could only do very small things and was considered very weak. At rank 2 she's arguably the most powerful witch in the city, short of somebody like Mai

Secondary Power:
The thoughts of those within her field of influence, and those who are viewing from the outside are subtly pushed to think of what Imai wishes them to think. With this she has far more control over her powers and how she is able to influence reality.

Tertiary Skill:
She is secretly a psychologist, who is very good at what she does.

If not sometimes inexplicably late.

Hyper Power:
All Eyes Here
Once activated, Imai summons forth a large television set. The screen of this television can be easily passed through, and if Imai desires it, can pull any object not bolted down into itself so long as it has been touched by the screen’s glow. Once inside of the television Imai has full control over the physics of the world, as well as the scene and setting. She can also change between being in a cartoon, having the “actors” be real, or anything else in between.

Clutch Power:
The World Is Quiet Here[/u]
Warps reality based on negative expectations, rather than positive. "Ordinary" sounds become dull and muted, as if heard underwater; abnormal sounds become far sharper, as if biting into one's head. Contrary to the other changes, which are usually nonlethal and primarily defensive, and rarely allow for mess or dismemberment, TWiQH's changes are brutal, gory, and extreme. The one thing they share in common is that the changes both make are absurd, and cartoonish. The Clutch is technically a "switch," rather than a true power, but remaining in a Clutched state for an extended period of time would have deleterious effects on everyone involved, especially Red Witch.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Mikazuki Chihana

Magical Girl Alias:
Jubilee

Original Strand:
A
Rank 3

Personality:
She's a little scatterbrained at the best of times. Very clever, and her ability makes it even easier for her to do well in school than it would normally, but she gets distracted quickly; she comes off as disjointed and confused as a consequence. She isn't, for the most part, but that's how she seems.

Biography:

Primary Power:
Mikazuki’s transformation includes the creation of a long, plain rod of metal, which she calls her lightning rod. When held up and ‘activated,’ the rod generates a line of electricity between it and any other active lightning rods. By activating it in a similar way, she can magnetically attract or repulse any other clone; with this effect she can target specific clones, or a group of specific clones, or every currently active clone. These effects are more powerful the more clones there are who have ‘activated’ their rods. Only one of these effects can be active at a time, however; if one clone is currently using the magnet power, no clone can activate the lightning power.

Secondary Power:
Can ‘print’ perfect clones of herself, which operate independently of the original. Each clone considers itself to be as important as the original; further, if the original dies, the clones persist. When any instance of Mikazuki is destroyed, including the original, it dissolves in a flurry of light, which then ‘returns’ to the surviving instances. The survivors gain all of its memories and knowledge, including muscle memory, if it survived long enough to develop that. There does not appear to be a limit to the length of time a clone can survive.
Her primary and hyper do not function properly at close range to the other instances, which makes it hard for them to group up with each other.

Each of her clones has one of the following weapons: shotgun, SMG, assault rifle, sniper rifle, dual pistols, or random sword that they all think is useless

Tertiary Skill:
Mikazuki is extremely good at coordinating with her clones, often not needing to even give orders.

Hyper Power:
Causes all current instances of Mikazuki to explode, including the original. They then reform somewhere in the middle. The process involves a lot of bits of energy shooting from the exploded instances towards the point of reformation; any Grimm caught by these bits will be disrupted, and possibly destroyed.

She always falls onto a cake when she reforms, the cake can only be cut by the sword, and contains the ultimate clone. The cake dissolves if not cut and eaten in thirty minutes. The ultimate clone is a perfect replica of the original who can summon any of the weapons at will, and the weapons which she uses are hyper effective against Grimm. The perfect original clone can only escape the cake if it is cut, or if all clones were to die within that thirty minute period.

Clutch Power:
Mikazuki, using the materials around her, creates a series of replicas of herself above the regular number of six to however many she has the materials for (mass equivalent to her person, or transforming another person into herself) or has the magic necessary to maintain. Each clone will get one of the weapons from her secondary, and when she ends the use of her powers all of the extra clones will return to what they originally were (if all of her normally cloned bodies were destroyed then she will respawn on a cake elsewhere). If they were made from inanimate materials, they will become a statue made from those materials; if the clone was created using another human, then they will reappear in their own bodies a safe distance away.

If Mikazuki uses her hyper power while also using her clutch, herself as well as all of the people she turned into clones will respawn on a large cake.

Appearance:

C.S

Name:

Mikia Maria

Magical Girl Alias: Strawberry Spring

Original Strand:
A
Rank 5

Personality: Very nice and friendly, and very good at public speaking, but in private environments it becomes clear fairly quickly how frayed her nerves are. Prone to sudden bursts of extreme intensity, though it’s difficult to tell what triggers these; they are deeply unsettling to witness. Good with other people’s children, but strangely not with her own child. Her instability is due in part to the natural strain of her line of work, but also to the strange visions her powers induce. She is working with a therapist to resolve these issues; this does seem to be helping.
She is nevertheless deeply committed to helping the people of New Kyoto, a fact which is apparent to anyone who examines her record. Several of her speeches as baroness still regularly make the rounds on the internet, including her stepping-down speech, and even during the period during which she was on leave she retained a deeply devoted fanbase.

Biography:
She was acting as Baroness until she lost the position to Hibiki Oshiro while she was off on maternity leave. That was about seven years ago. Mikia has been back for some time, now, but her maternity leave seems not to have done much for the stress problems that were troubling her even before she left. Although she remains easily one of the most popular magical girls in New Kyoto, she never rose to quite the same heights as her former rival, Idol, or even to the level of her wife, Red Witch.

Primary Power:
With her transformation Mikia gains a sword, infused with the energy of the Grimm she’s slain. This energy is extremely bright and colourful, but somehow fails to illuminate the area around her; it also sheds smoke that quickly dissipates in the air. The smoke is debilitating to Grimm, but won’t kill them. The sword seems to attempt to suck any Grimm it injures into it.

Although she is unable to generate the same effect with the enormous shuriken in her hair, it is nonetheless far more effective at injuring Grimm than any mundane weapon. Further, upon impact, it is capable of generating a sort of energy explosion that severely damages Grimm and magical girls without harming ordinary bystanders at all.

Secondary Power: By releasing some of the energy in her sword into the smoke, she can cause it to light up as well. Grimm who inhale this smoke, or who have already inhaled smoke previously, will be placed in a trance rendering them easily boopable. They will also be more susceptible to powers that target their minds, whether they come from another magical girl or a Grimm.

Tertiary Skill: Mikia speaks French. More impressively, she is an extremely proficient public speaker.

Hyper Power: The smoke turns deadly (for Grimm). Any Grimm it touches rapidly withers away, as if burnt by an invisible fire. Eventually the smoke’s victims will evaporate entirely, releasing another cloud of brighter, thicker smoke into the air. This smoke will have a similar effect on any Grimm it comes into contact with, only it will work even more quickly. At any time, Mikia can turn her sheath into a vacuum cleaner, sucking all of the smoke in the area into it and allowing her to claim all of the smoke’s energy for her sword or her shuriken. Ordinary people who inhale this kind of smoke will feel strong, powerful and fearless for the next few days, but may be prone to violent impulses. Witches and magical girls may instead experience limited ‘visions’ consisting of the memories of the Grimm absorbed by the smoke. This includes Mikia, and is a major reason for her current mental state.

Clutch Power: Releases a sudden flood of pitch black smoke that illuminates the environment perfectly. Grimm and ordinary people exposed to it will be flooded with the memories of the Grimm killed by her sword or smoke, rendering them totally incapable of functioning and likely causing permanent mental damage. She has yet to expose any ordinary person to this; no Grimm has ever displayed any signs of recovering from it. Witches appear to be immune.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Yasu Kurosawa

Magical Girl Alias:
Silence

Original Strand:
A; Rank 6

Personality:

Biography:

Primary Power:
Upon transformation Silence gains an armor made of a fine ceramic, and a sword which is her main means of combat and defense. Her armor constantly produces water, which she can spread as needed as one might pour out kerosene.

Secondary Power:
Burning Cold
Starting from her armor, Silence can ignite all water into a freezing flame. Any parts of her clothing which has been dampened will also be consumed by the flames. Silence can press her sword to this cold flames and use her sword to spread the fire to any other waters which touches with her burning sword.

Tertiary Skill:
Silence can sense the vibrations, no matter how minor of the world around her. The tap of a single barefoot against the floor, the disturbance of a released breath in the air, little escapes her notice. Further she has a natural fluidity and speed to her movements, an agility that none would expect from her. Her skill with the sword has almost no equal.

Hyper Power:
All water Silence has created in the past hour ignites with 100x the regular intensity of her cold flames. From there the cold fire can spread to water which Silence didn't create building into an inferno of frigid cold.

Clutch Power:
All beings around her in a bubble of about fifty feet lose their senses of sight, sound, and scent, but retain touch and taste. In return Silence regains her missing senses of sight and sound. These senses will remain with her, and will remain lost to those around her so long as her clutch is active. In return, once she ends her clutch Silence has an extremely hard time sensing the vibrations of the world around her for several days following.

Appearance:
:

C.S

Name:

Ayaka Okemia

Magical Girl Alias:
Valkyrie
Rank 7

Original Strand:
A

Personality:
Ayaka is everyone’s big sister, she’ll listen to your problems, give you advice, and all around be the sort of person who spooks all the bullies away. However, she herself often comes across as a bit of a bully as she is a very physical person, so it is a give and a take.

Everyone’s big sister.
Also a bit of a bully because she is very physical.

Biography:

Primary Power:
Ayaka is able to form a light her body produces into the shape of a bullet, which she can then fire from a gun to deal damage to a Grimm, or boost the magical abilities of a magical girl. Her light grows stronger in the presence of positivity or while in the presence of other magical girls who are under the light’s influence. The light flows directly into the hopper of the gun, even at base level the bullets are destructive to Grimm, but once they have been juiced up they become explosive.

Secondary Power:
With her secondary power Ayaka can shape her light into brilliant wings which allow her to fly.

She can also create a brilliant pillar of light which she can use to pick up humans to protect them from danger, or boost the magical powers of any witches who step into the light.

Tertiary Skill:
She plays as a forward in the NK city soccer team.

Hyper Power:
With her Hyper power, Ayaka can supercharge the abilities of any magical girls within 100 yards. All magical girls while under the effects of this power have eyes that glow with a holy light, and their powers will become more effective against any Grimm which they use their powers against. If the witch uses a weapon that fires projectiles, they can shoot the light instead of those projectiles much like Ayaka does.

Clutch Power:
With use of this power, Ayaka can use her light to create a large mini-gun which is very destructive to any Grimm unfortunate to be within the line of fire. Alternatively Ayaka can also pull her light into a single point, and release it in a large explosion that will destroy any Grimm that the light touches. This light is blacklight, and use of this power gives Ayaka migraines for several days after.

Appearance:

C.S

Name:

Hiroko Watanabe

Magical Girl Alias:
Starlite

Original Strand:
A Rank 8

Personality:
Hiroko's a charming, charitable individual with excellent personal skills and a deep desire to help others. While on the surface she may come off as shallow and flirty, she does more to help the disadvantaged than most magical girls, and does more of that without any cameras rolling than any. Although, as a member of the top 15, she has long since grown used to cameras, she seems deeply uncomfortable giving speeches or play-acting; she seems most comfortable behaving 'naturally,' or occasionally on stage as an idol. Her fanbase is smaller than Baroness', but on average far more dedicated.

Biography:

Primary Power:
Starlite can create arrows of condensed magic which explode into vibrant displays of magic after a set period of time after they are released from the bow or hit a target. The shade of the arrow and resulting explosion as well as the types of sparks and size of the explosion can be chosen by Starlite. They can be anything from arrows which fizzle and pop with plenty of sparkles to large vibrant explosions of a well-packed firework.

Humans witnessing the explosion are often instilled with the warm fuzzies or a feeling of awe, while Grimm, even if not directly damaged by the light often attempt to avoid looking directly at it, and seem as full of unease any any monster of the night could be.

Secondary Power:
With a touch Starlite can transform any object into an arrow of light. Once fired from the bow the object will return back to whatever it originally was once it lands. The object, be it alive or inanimate will suffer no harm from turning into light or the landing.

If the arrow is fired through a prism, whatever object is in that arrow will split into a series of crystalline ROYGBIV clones. Each clone, if a witch, has a fraction of the original's powers, and if the clone touches the original it will be absorbed back into the original. The death of a clone also returns the split off section of that witch's power, but often leaves a mental wound that takes time to heal.

Tertiary Skill:
Starlite is an excellent archer with a good eye and ability to hit whatever target she is aiming for. She is also a fine dancer with a melodious singing voice. Starlite is also a serial punner. She is addicted to puns.
She has a serious problem. DDC's therapists ask that you not encourage her.

Hyper Power:
Eschewing her bow, Starlite takes hold of her quiver and plants it upon her shoulder like a rocket launcher. While her hyper is active her quiver will rapidly fire any arrow within it, creating a show of lights not unlike the grand finale of a fireworks show. While her hyper is active, the rate of arrow replenishment is greatly increased as Starlite channels and condenses the positive energy in the air around her.

Clutch Power:
Starlite draws all the positive energy from the area and condenses it down into her quiver as a brilliant mass of bright. Once all the energy has been drawn, It is released as a titanic firework which fills the sky with sparkle and color. The sight alone sends most Grimm running, and any which do not will be destroyed by the lances of sparkles and light as they fall to the ground.

Following the use of her clutch Starlite is often left comatose from anywhere between eight hours to three days. Any people who are near the epicenter of the clutch often receive damage to their psyche after first having all positivity drained from them, only to have it returned in an feverishly heightened state.

Appearance:
:

Name:
Sylvia Dracul

Magical Girl Alias:
Wamphyri

Original Strand:
A
Rank 9

Personality:
Enthusiastic, driven and exasperated. Tendency towards using violence to solve external problems. Tends to ignore internal problems until the last possible moment; while most would see this as a flaw, it’s sort of the only reason she’s still sane. Views herself as the one true protector of New Kyoto, to such an extent that she sometimes challenges other Magical Girls who threaten her position to ‘duels,’ which sometimes involve actual fighting and sometimes involve other things, like children’s card games or singing and dancing. Almost never goes into something part-way.

Biography:
Born in Romania; moved to Kyoto as part of an aborted witch exchange program. Both countries now refuse to ship the witches they transferred back to their place of origin. The New Kyoto witches are a lot angrier about this than the Romanian witches, of course, although neither party is really in contact with the other, at present; Romania's infrastructure is not in great condition. Sylvia misses her homeland, and in particular the Carpathian mountains, but she doesn't dwell on this, any more than she dwells on anything else.

Primary Power:
Capable of using stored energy for a variety of purposes. She becomes faster, more durable, more agile and stronger, in that order. Energy will also passively regenerate damage, and keep her from losing function as a result of it. After a particularly tough battle, she can look literally undead.

Secondary Power:
Capable of draining negative emotions from humans, including herself, and channelling them into energy, which she can then use to power her primary. Her head is filled with negativity, which she deals with by both ignoring it and strictly controlling it. She can gain a whole bunch of energy all at once by drinking a human’s blood; even a comparatively small amount can give her a massive boost.

Tertiary Skill:
Decent singer; excellent dancer, though this is partially the result of her primary.

Hyper Power:
Expands the range of energy sources to include positive emotions. This will actually make her weaker in the long run, since like all witches her powers are made stronger by positivity, but in the moment it'll more than double her available power. Great for ending difficult battles quickly.

Clutch Power:
Expands the drain effect to include Grimm. This is horrible for her mental health, Grimm being what they are, but once again massively boosts her available energy reserves. Also enables her to drink the blood of Grimm, which makes her ridiculously strong but drives her into a temporary animalistic frenzy; this is bad.

Appearance:
Her body is completely monochrome. Her hair is white, her skin is chalky, her eyes are pale. The only visible exception is the inside of her mouth, which is the red you’d expect from a real human person. To offset this, she tends to wear clothing mixing some bright colour (red, green, blue) with black.
Her costume seems to agree with this choice; it’s a patchwork of bright, aggressive colours and swirling fabric. It looks great in motion, but when she stands still it seems ragged and broken. It repairs itself extremely quickly upon taking damage; this requires almost no energy on her part. The design seems to change from encounter to encounter, though it’s usually something long and flowing that nonetheless fails to get in the way of her ridiculous, anime-style acrobatics.

C.S

Name:

Kasumi Akiyama

Magical Girl Alias:
Watchtower

Original Strand:
A
Rank 10

Personality:
Kasume is the reserved sort, she tends to keep to herself and at the periphery of any social engagement. She is typically easy to converse with, and will not try to squirm out of conversations, though she rarely is proactive, more than content to allow the person she is talking with to lead the conversation. She extremely steady however, well put together and hard to shake even with sudden surprising news.

Her patience is also worthy of commendation, she has more than once waited upon the side of the wall for hours on end for a known Grimm target to skirt a little too close to the forest’s edge.

Biography:
Most of her patrolls are on the walls or in areas of the city with lots vantage points

Her vigils when she is waiting on a single target are often livestreamed. She also does fan Q&A vigils. Her mods are very good at kicking assholes out of the chat.

Primary Power:
The magic inherent to, applied to, or controlled which passes through the gaze of her left eye is immediately negated. Anywhere where her gaze falls reality is forced to assert; witches cannot use their magic, and Grimm lose their natural resistance to bullets. Any Grimm with unstable or non-corporeal forms; such as slimes or ghasts are immediately killed.

Secondary Power:
When she is focusing in on a target the eye shows the likely path a bullet or other projectile will take. Any Grimm under the crosshair of her eye will take additional damage from any successful strike made against them. The eye can also expose to Kasume any natural weak points in the armor of the Grimm.

While transformed Kasume also gains access to a grappling hook which she can use to reach advantageous vantage points. The hook comes from a hole in her right wrist, which is covered by a long sleeve and a metal bracelet.

Tertiary Skill:
Kasume’s magic eye comes equipped with several different optics options, from x-ray to infrared and night vision. The eye also has a very good zooming function with limited loss to object clarity even at the edge of range.

Kasume is a deadshot with sniper and marksman rifles.

Hyper Power:
By exposing her magic eye to light Kasume can supercharge all of her other abilities greatly increasing their effectiveness against the Grimm. Further, once enough light has been absorbed by the eye Kasume can dilate time, slow down her perception of its movement and flow. Only she is affected by this dilation, but it allows her to nullify a large number of Grimm at once given how quickly she is able to switch between different targets.

Following the use of her Hyper, or even prolonged exposure of her magic eye to light, Kasume is prone to headaches and migraines.

It has been noted by DDC technicians that the rapid movement of her eye during the use of this power tends to make her look crazy, or like a character from a horror B-movie. Drone operators are recommended to not take video of her face during the power’s use, unless the footage can be slowed on the fly.

Clutch Power:
With her as the center Kasume creates a one hundred foot field which nullifies all magic. It cannot be cast within the field, nor can it be cast into the field from outside its zone of influence. Any Grimm within the field will be highly vulnerable to physical injury, and the bodies of any Grimm within fifty feet of the epicenter will begin to deteriorate.

Following the use of this power Kasume will lose sight in her magic eye for anywhere between one day and two weeks, and total loss of her powers for the same amount of time.

Appearance

C.S

Name:

Ishiki (Golden Twin)
Rikai (Red Twin)
Asami Koizumi (The Dreamer)

Magical Girl Alias:
Ryuutou (Ishiki)
Onibi (Rikai)
[Endless Dreamer] Asami Koizumi

Original Strand:
A
Rank 13

Personality:
The personalities of both girls shifts depending on which one is currently “dominant” in their weird power thing. This can be determined most easily by checking their hair; if white-and-gold is dominant, there will be streaks of white in her twin’s hair, and visa versa.

White-and-gold:
Tends to be conserved and analytical, she can come across as dry, detached, and emotionless at times.

Black-and-red:
She tends to be open and emotional, Rikai acts more on her gut instinct and intuition rather than trying to think a problem through to reach a solution. She can come across as friendly, overbearing, and mischievous at times.

Biography:
Ishiki and Rikai are the conscious and subconscious of Asami Koizumi, a woman who has been in stasis for six years. The twins are given corporeal form by Asami’s powers, though it is unknown if the powers used by the twins are ones that Asami could use herself.

Although the twins are aware that they are from Asami’s mind, neither know what happened to Asami, as it seems to be something that the dreaming woman doesn’t wish to acknowledge, as both become agitated whenever something akin to the trauma is mentioned.

Primary Power:
Both of the twins have swords; and both are able to grow more agile and deal more damage depending on how much charged power they have created with their secondary power. The damage they are able to deal to a Grimm is almost always totally out of proportion with the amount of force either woman put behind the blow.

Secondary Power:
With their secondary power, the twins can build a charge for their primary ability by fighting one another. The growth of the charge is linear, however the amount of power which can be generated by this growth is exponential. The charge cannot be grown by either twin causing physical harm to the other, and it is believed that this can also have a negative impact on further growth for the charge. When swapping which twin is dominant, the current dominant twin must kneel before the subordinate one.

When killed, one or both of the twins will return the next day, this will continue so long as Asami is alive.

Tertiary Skill:
Both are practiced fencers, and can often be seen having impromptu fencing sessions on the streets.

Hyper Power:
Associated with white-and-gold
When Ishiki is in the dominant position, she can activate her hyper power. With this power, Ishiki is able to summon forth a dragon of light which will devour all of the available emotions in the area. Once this is done, the dragon will transform into an amalgamated version of all the hopes help by the people nearby, made of a blinding light. This light is harmful to the stabilization of Grimm bodies and can burn them away. Humans looking at the light are filled with hope.

Clutch Power: Associated with black-and-red
When Rikai is in the dominant position, she can activate her clutch power. When her clutch is activated she creates of multiplitude a ghoslty-blue wisps which will seek out any nearby humans. When these wisps pass through a person, they will steal a dream, or a fragment of a nightmare from that human. The wisp will then transform into the dream that was taken from the person, this can be a setting, a creature, an item, or anything in between. Once created, this dream will return to its mistress and fight any Grimm until it is destroyed or released.

Appearance:

:

Back